What is a Digital Den?
A Digital Den is a joint venture between Social Telecoms and your local social housing provider. It’s purpose is to deliver internet access and training to local residents as a sustainable enterprise that provides employment opportunities.
What will the Digital Den provide for the your community?
- Affordable and accessible Internet & mobile connectivity on site and in their homes through ADSL, WiFi and mobile broadband
- Training for those intimidated by technology to help them to overcome their fears
- New and refurbished PC equipment to those who cannot afford it
- A place to learn and be inspired
- Employment opportunities
- Provide a base to access the Internet with a café approach
- Tidy up the estate by using a shop and flat which are empty and cause Neighborhood issues
- Obtain equipment from organisations who usually pay to have this removed and recycle for residents use
- Provide a training center for not only e-
learning but the learning programme as well
- Area office with interview facilities
- Financial Inclusion advice
- Youth engagement and clubs such as Job Clubs